Age of Chivalry Hegemony introduces changed unit lines and several new units.
New units in Age of Chivalry HegemonyEdit
(also see: What's New In Age of Chivalry?)
- Militia Lancer/Ordonnance Lancer: cavalry, replaces Eagle Warrior/Elite Eagle Warrior.
- Lancer/Guard Lancer: cavalry, replaces Camel/Heavy Camel
- Tarasnice: artillery, replaces the Heavy Scorpion for Bohemia (Hussite Beliefs).
- Genoese/Gascon Crossbowman; archer, takes duties of a hand-cannoneer.
- Szlachcic: replaces Light Cavalry for Poland.
- Longship: melee, replaces the Galley for Denmark and Scotland.
- Gefolgsmann/Reichsritter: cavalry, replaces Mangudai/Elite Mangudai.
- Ritterbruder: cavalry, replaces the Elite Mangudai for the Teutonic Order.
- Routier/Ecorcheur: cavalry archer, replaces Conquistador/Elite Conquistador.
- Swiss Halberdier/Swiss Pikeman: pikeman, replaces Plumed Archer/Elite Plumed Archer.
- Swiss Guard: like the Swiss Pikeman.
- Scaerwetter/Witte Caproen: pikeman, replaces Huskarl/Elite Huskarl.
- Genoese Arbalester/Genoese Guard: archer, replaces Janissary/Elite Janissary.
- Ribald/Ribaudequin: artillery, replaces War Elephant/Elite War Elephant.
- Reichsritter, Rhenish Knight: replaces the unique unit of different civs.
- Hobescorene/Partiefiuchter , replaces berserker.
- Hero: archer/cavalry/infantry, replaces Petard.
Besides the changes to standard units, a new "unit class" has been enabled: Mercenaries.
These units are powerful warriors drawn from foreign countries to fight for florins. You need to research the Mercenaries Technology (and usually a specific Policy Decision) before you gain access to these units.
Others are drawn from certain regions belonging to the country they serve. These units therefore don't require the Mercenaries technology and even come at a different price. For example, the cost of artillery (Bombard Cannons) depends on whether a civ has to hire mercenary gunners or builds its own domestic artillery.
Require no/other technologies
In comparison to Age of Kings/The Conquerors, the chivalry-unit lines are more varied. Units are now affected by class-specific upgrades in the blacksmith.
You distinguish between: